Last run in Hercules - Andorra, Carcassonne and Paris, January 2002

Wednesday 5 May 2010

Starting the engine and replacing the doors

Had a bit of a battle to get the 220b going again after cleaning the whole fuel system except the fuel pump which I am going to rebuild with a kit. Turned out it was the plugs which I had cleaned last week, but which were completely filthy because of the multiple attempts at getting it going without success over the past few days.

Moved the car out of the garage and started on replacing the doors in order to get the car to the Welders and then the MOT. Got both the back ones on and the front passenger side back on, then it got dark, so I will put the driver's side on tomorrow and adjust them all so that they fit well enough to drive with, given that they will all have to come off again to prepare the car for spraying.

Finally, I'm going to bleed the brakes tomorrow and put the horn switch on which I nicked off Hercules (the 220b's hooter developed a mind of its own a while back and I had to disconnect it to avoid getting beaten up every time I turned left).

Very knackered, but very relieved the car started.

No comments:

Post a Comment